- Rework: Topics are now built by users and don’t rotate when reaching the maximum. Topics that are full and empty are removed automatically from the search.
- New feature: Topics are now made into links which you can share and invite friends to.
- New feature: You can create Private rooms (which are hidden from the search on the main page). Only accessible through direct invites or by sharing the link.
- New feature: Rooms have now a maximum of 8 people and a minimum of 2 people, as opposed to a fixed limit of 4 from before.
- Design rework: Speakrandom appearance changed to better enhance the user experience.
- Security fix: Stale rooms are automatically removed from the database to prevent unintended connections.
- New feature: Push notifications now available. If you accept the permissions, you’ll be notified of new messages and requests directly on your device.
- Performance update: Navigating through messages and requests is a much smoother experience.
- Performance update: Connecting to the server is now faster.
- Bugfix: Rooms sometimes stopped appearing on the front page.
- Major feature: Topic-based chatting now available. You can join, search, invite to and participate actively on topic hashtags (e.g. #example).
- Design update: Loading and connection to rooms is now a much smoother experience.
- Performance update: Loading messages and any stored content is now much faster.
- Bugfix: Users that had ERROR status could not be vote-kicked.
- Bugfix: Fixed “Last Seen” method for messages (used to be too abusive when showing new messages).
- Bugfix: Fixed email verification for the feature “Add contacts” (you could request without being verified).
- New feature: GIFs now available in the lobby chat and private messaging
- Bugfix: Getting older messages in private conversations used to be slow
- Bugfix: Users returning ERROR when leaving a room normally
- Server stability: restructured the database for faster access
- Rebuilt error messages
- Security updates
- Updated the server
- Pairing algorithm changed
- Random fun avatars available for Guest users
- App front page redesign
- Added a new path “/discuss” that is used for chatting itself
- Added Terms and Conditions
- Added Privacy and Policy
- Added Version Changes page: will have more complete information starting with the 1.4.0 release (yes this one)
- Removed message limit due to the anti-SPAM policy (we managed to implement the security update through other means)
- Bug fixes
- Fixed landing page cookies
- Messages are now also saved in browser (for offline viewing)
- The Progressive Web App (Add to Home function) is now fully functional
- Pairing algorithm changed
- Rebuilt server architecture (more robust, faster connections)
- Errors are now automatically sent to the server (for easier monitoring)
- Rebuilt front page
- Added feature: “Add contacts”
- Fixed a bunch of bugs
- Initial Release (Starting with Speakrandom v2 update)